Monday 23 January 2012

Who Would Be The Audience For Your Music Magazine?

Who Would Be The Audience For Your Music Magazine?
The ideal reader of my magazine would be a male in his early twenties, possibly studying music at university or taking music related internship/job. They would live in a reasonably built up area and would be very sociable, this would lead them to be very up to date with the latest social networking trends. An ideal night out for him would involve going to see an act like Kings of Leon or Arctic monkeys live or going to see an upcoming rock/indie band. In his spare time he’ll check out new music online or watch music channels such as Q  and Kerrang. Music will be a very big part of his life and therefore he will always have his I-Pod at hand. He will always be on the lookout for new bands to get into and local gigs he can go to. His I-pod will have artists like: Kings Of Leon, The Kooks, Artic monkeys, Biffy Clyro, A Day To Remember, Foo Fighters, Paramore, Green Day, Blink-182 and many more similar artists. As well as reading music magazines, he is reading online articles on his favourite bands and has autobiographies on them. Typical clothes he will wear will come from shops like Topman, River Island and similar shops. He will also be interested in local music but also in international music. The target audience I have chosen for my music magazine is from the ages of 16-34.  I have chosen this particular age group as it is beginning from the age where young people will start to earn their own money and get a job, therefore my magazine will be affordable for them, it is also at an age where teenagers will begin to have a passion for music and have a strong idea about their interests and dislikes. Anybody younger than my target audience will not yet have achieved a strong passion for a particular music genre as they will still be learning about the different types of music there is. Also, they might not have the money. My magazine appeals to both males and females, as it is not based on a particular gender. Depending on who the feature artist is, I feel men and women's interest in a magazine can change. However, in general, my magazine is going to have articles that appeal to both genders. My music magazine will be mainly aimed at the A B C1 social category as these will be the people most likely to spend money on my magazine. Psychographically my target audience will be achievers as they will have successful lives, allowing them to enjoy their hobbies and passions – in this case music. Because of this, they will also be also be pleasure seekers as they will have the money to spend in activities they enjoy. Although they are successful and have enough money to afford my magazine, my target audience might also be joiners, this is displayed in the way they would buy my music magazine, to read about people of a higher status and class than them, with the hope that they might also be able to achieve this. Demographically my target audience will live in busy cities or towns, leading hectic lives, either with a job/education or both. Therefore, my magazine will be used for the uses and gratifications theory of escapism, as the reader will want to explore a different world than their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.